Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday - evaluation attire

 Today is my evaluation/observation so I wanted to show a few looks that would be perfect to wear for an evaluation!  Thanks to being in 4-H and FFA I am comfortable in front of an audience, but I still believe in dressing the part.  Here are 5ish looks that would be great for an observation.  Red is a power color, so the first look is a red dress. 

 Pair it with a belt and heels and you have got a great outfit that will show you are confident. 

 Or add a blazer for some coverage and to polish your look off.  Nude heels make your legs look miles long yet are still very professional. 

 Wear what you feel comfortable in - no, I am not talking about your pajama pants - I mean confident and comfortable.  I feel confident in a pencil skirt.  Pair a pencil skirt with a patterned shirt, some red heels, and a belt and you have another professional look.  Switch the wide belt for a colored skinny belt and you have another great look!

 You don't have to wear a skirt or a dress to be professional.  I love this pair of slim cropped slacks from Gap (I bought them at the thrift store)!  When paired with a vibrant top, fun heels, and a boyfriend blazer you have a fun look that is still professional. 

 Another power color is purple.  This purple dress and a pair of nude (and amazingly comfortable) heels is a go-to look for me.  My posture and farmer's tan is not so hot, but we are talking clothes here.

 Add a blazer and the look is a little more polished. 

 A suit would be a perfect choice for an evaluation but maybe you think a suit would be too stuffy.  Mix and match two different suit pieces (or slacks and a blazer) and you have a great look!  Red shoes and a striped top make your suit look fun but are still very professional. 

You could also leave the blazer unbuttoned!

I think the key to figuring out what to wear for an evaluation is to find something you feel comfortable AND confident in.  If you feel self concise in a dress but wear one anyway it will show.  If you feel confident in a suit but are uncomfortable and consistently adjusting it - that will show too. 

I still have no idea what I will be wearing today - probably the purple dress with a cardigan.

I have been toying with the idea of adding a weekly "what I wore" type feature.  I miss style blogging and I wanted to try to incorporate it here.  PLEASE let me know what you think about this - I really value your feedback!

What would you wear to an evaluation / observation?

No comments:

Post a Comment